A new week beginning! In particularly, a spring week. I love this season, ma mom always told me, I’m a little bird of the spring. It’s funny and very cute. I’m really excited of this new days with sun and warm weather. Here in Pennsylvania, it’s actually cold for the moment but I hope it will be better.
But for the moment, the weather of Paris and France is more important for me because I go back to Paris Wednesday. I will share with you some Parisian stuff!
Today, after an Italian recipe with my gnocchis, here a new Italian style recipe with this risotto. I love risotto! It’s simple and delicious. You can make it as you want with every thing you have. I wanted to make a spring version with asparagus and peas. At this moment, you can easily find asparagus with a good price.
This recipe is so delicious and comforting!! I really hope you will like it 🙂
- 16 oz Arborio rice
- 10 oz asparagus ((a bundle))
- 1 cup peas ((frozen))
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sal and pepper
- Mince the two garlic cloves. Add the olive oil in a saucepan and let it warm at medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté faire 1 minutes. Then, add all the arborio rice. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add 2 cups of water.
- Rinse and cut the ends of asparagus. Cut them in small pieces. Add them in the preparation and add the peas. Stir well, add some water if necessary.
- Then, add the half and half and the parmigiano, salt and pepper. Let it cook for 10 minutes by mixing regularly and add some water some time.
- When the rice is well cooked (but not to much) and the preparation is creamy and not fluid, it’s ready!