I think I’m a salad chef. I love to make salad, it’s simple and healthy. Most of the time, my lunch is a salad.
Salad reminds me my years at the uni. I didn’t have a lot of money to eat at lunch. I was at La Sorbonne in the heart of Paris, near to the Jardin du Luxembourg. This is one of my favorite place in Paris but everything is so expensive, a sandwich is sold to 10€. So every night I prepared my lunchbox. The building of Art History (what I learnt) was very old and we didn’t have any microwave. The only possibility was salad! (in winter too..).
I tried to get organized and some time to make two or three salads for few days. I made shopping lists every week and I was shopping on Sundays. In addition to mine, I used to make them for my mother who went to work. It’s funny to think to this moment.. It was around 2014 to 2016 but it so seems far. So many things have changed since then.
Anyway. As you can see, I like healthy food. All the French food is not healthy but I prefer when it is. This salad is very great, healthy and delicious. I like brocoli and actually everything in this recipe!
Hope you will like it! 🙂
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @tastyandfrenchy
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 1 cooked beetroot
- 1/2 brocoli
- 1/4 cup almond
- 2 tbsp fresh goat
- 1/2 avocado
Agave and mustard dressing
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Rinse and cut the brocoli. Pour it in a saucepan with boiling water and let it cook for 15 min.
Cook the bulgur in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Cut in slices the red cabbage and cut in cubes the beetroot. Chop the almond. And slice a half of avocado.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients.
- In a big mixing bowl, pour brocoli, cabbage, beetroot and bulgur, mix.
- Serve in bowl and add on the top avocado slices, almond and goat, finish with a dressing drizzle.