Sometime, you just want to eat smart but quick. In France, the omelette is perfect for that. There is protein and it’s good! As a vegetarian, I can read some article about the fact eggs could be bas for your health and in other, it’s good. Actually, I don’t have an opinion about it. I think it can be good but only few times, not every single day and like 6 eggs per person. It’s too much! But find your own balance with food. Just, don’t forget the planet! I always buy organic eggs from Wegmans, there are not too expensive.
Omelette looks to be very Frenchy in US and it’s maybe true because you can find omelette in every Brasserie in Paris. “Omelette au fromage”, “omelette au jambon”, “omelette baveuse”, “omelette aux pommes de terre”, etc. But in America, you can also find a lot of omelette in American dinner with different variations as in France. The only difference is maybe the omelette style. For French, a real good omelette is an “omelette baveuse” (slimy omelette). It means, not to cook. I like it in this way, sometime I find the undercooked version overly dry. With the time I settle into it but I prefer my French version. Have you tried the “Omelette baveuse”?
For this first omelette I decided to make a greek version, one of my American discover, made lithesome feta cheese. I love feta! So good in everything. To go with it I prepared a crudité salad with cucumber, tomatoes, baby spinach and avocado. I ate it as a lunch but this kind of food is often a breakfast in this country. I’m Queen of Sweet for the morning.
Let me know what do you think about the omelette! Do you like them?
Have a nice day,
- 4 eggs ((Wegmans organic))
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 bunch baby spinach
- 1 avocado
- salt and pepper
- olive oil spray ((from Walmart))
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar ((from Trader Joe’s))
- Beat the eggs, add parsley and feta cheese.Salt and pepper. Heat a pan over high heat. Spray some olive oil and pour the eggs mixture. Let it cooke for 5 minutes, do not flip but fold one side. Serve.
- Cut the tomatoes, cucumber, and chop baby spinach. Cut the avocado. Serve in a plate, salt and pepper and pour balsamic vinegar.