Shrimps cooked in delicious butter… some herbs for extra flavor and delicious basmati rice, a simple dinner for the week because you don’t need too much stuffs! (and to go at the grocery).
Sometime, good food can be so simple! Ok. If you want an extra thing, like a “Woooaaah”, you have to add something else. BUT, today I want a very simple dish for dinner with few ingredients.
I can easily find frozen shrimps at Walmart or Giant, very convenient for a quick and simple dish. I have also always some herbs : basil, parsley and cilantro. You can add them in every dish for great taste. I love herbs! I would like to have my own garden and have a big stretch of basil (I love it so much).
You will love it because :
– It’ healthy
– Quick to make
– Few ingredients
Personally, I don’t eat too much at night. There’s a saying in France to stay thin : Eat like a king for breakfast, like a prince at lunch and like a poor at night. I think it’s true enough. But my husband needs to eat and I’m trying to make him something good (and easy for me). That kind of food is perfect!
Hope you will like it!
- 16 medium shrimps ((I used frozen already cooked))
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro ((plus extra to serve))
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- basmati rice to serve
- Defrost the shrimps in the microwave or overnight in the fridge.
- In a big frying pan, melt the butter 2 minutes, then add the shrimps. Sauté for 10 minutes. Turn it over from time to time. Add the chopped cilantro, salt and pepper.
Sauté until they looks gilded, you can serve them on the top of basmati rice with the butter sauce.
- You can also add cooked rice at the same time of cilantro and fry it whit the shrimps. It's good!