This feta grilled cheese is a new version of the famous grilled cheese with cheddar. It is light and refreshing with these Mediterranean ingredients. Sun-dried tomatoes are very tasty and add an original taste to this grilled cheese.
It is the end of summer, but we still want some fresh food and a tomato taste. However, with the coming of cold, I like some warm food. This feta grilled cheese is the perfect meal for that! The best is this Mediterranean inspiration. Feta reminds me of a summer I spent in Greece. It was so beautiful and warm. I think back to that blue water! What a perfect place!
Good ingredients are really important to make this grilled cheese. You need a good quality feta cheese. I always buy feta in a block and not crumbled. I prefer to make my pieces. This cheese does not really melt but it blends very well with the other ingredients. By the way, because we like the “melted” cheese in this hot sandwich, I decided to include some finely shredded mozzarella cheese. The combination of these two cheeses is great and delicious.
Now let’s add some freshness. Adding salad may sound strange but it’s definitely not for the final taste! I love adding greens in my food, it’s healthy and fresh. My favorite is arugula, very tasty. But you can also choose spinach or any kind of salad. Last but not least: sun-dried tomatoes! This ingredient is very tasty, you don’t need lots of them to have a nice flavor. In addition, don’t add too many sun-dried tomatoes or it won’t be great.
This feta grilled cheese is great with a delicious gazpacho, a cold soup with tomatoes, cucumber and bell peppers. If you are in a cold mood, choose a hot tomato soup, the combination with sun-dried tomatoes will be nice. This is also very delicious with a simple salad, like Greek salad.
I really hope you will love this fresh feta grilled cheese! Don’t forget to choose delicious ingredients! You can make simple food amazing with good select ingredients.Print
Delicious grilled cheese with feta and sun-dried tomatoes, an extra plus for a great taste!
- 4 slices whole-wheat and grains bread
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 small handful arugula
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- With a kitchen brush, add all the olive oil on the four sides of the slices of bread.
- Take one slice, place some shredded mozzarella, arugula leaves, feta pieces (a little bit crumbled), four pieces of sun-dried tomatoes and add again shredded mozzarella. Cover with another slice, repeat.
- Heat a non-stick grill frying pan on medium heat. When it’s hot, place one grilled cheese. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Return and cover. Let it cook 5-6 minutes. Repeat for the second grilled cheese. Serve!
Keywords: Grilled cheese, su-dried tomato, feta