This zucchini gratin will be perfect for your vegetarian dinner. Fresh vegetables are still available, with some basil pesto and ricotta you will make a great dish for all your family! Zucchini replaces pasta, it’s lighter in calories!
I love zucchini! It’s a great vegetable and you can make so many things with it! Zoodles, salad, gratin, etc. Today, I wanted to share with you a delicious and simple zucchini gratin. I used zucchini to replace pasta. It’s healthier and I think it’s a great way to feed vegetables to those who don’t like them.
Last week, I gave you my 3 ingredients pesto recipe, you will need it for this gratin. I mixed pesto with ricotta to stuff the zucchinis. Actually, you don’t need lots of ingredients for this recipe, which is great for a simple weeknight dinner.
Gratin is very common in France. We love them with gruyère cheese on the top. My mother made me cauliflower gratin, gratin Dauphinois (with potatoes) and so many others! It’s a simple dish, prepared in a few minutes and you just have to place it in the oven for 45 minutes. That’s all!
I hope you will like this new recipe! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram if you like all this food on the blog. Best, xx.Print
Delicious gratin for a vegetarian weeknight dinner.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 1/2 cup basil tomato sauce
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup homemade pesto (you can also buy it)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven at 400°F. Wash the zucchinis and cut them with a peeler in the length. If they are organic you can keep the skin.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the ricotta and the pesto with salt and pepper. Take a medium gratin dish and add half of the tomato sauce at the bottom.
- Take your zucchini pieces, add a tablespoon or teaspoon (depends on the pieces) of the ricotta/pesto mix and wrap the zucchini to have something close to cannelloni. Repeat. Place all the stuffed zucchini on the dish. Salt and pepper and pour the rest of the tomato sauce on top. Finish with the shredded mozzarella.
- Place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
Keywords: Gratin, vegetarian, dinner