- 8 to 10 oz dry ziti
- 1 5oz can solid Albacore tuna
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely shredded mozzarella
- Parmesan shavings
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Start by boiling water in a large saucepan, add salt. Cook the ziti according to the time indicated on the package. Don’t forget to reserve some pasta water.
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic. Heat a large saucepan, pour the olive oil and add anion and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes. Then, add the diced tomatoes and let it cooked for 5 minutes by mixing. Finely, add tuna in pieces, chopped basil, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, add 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Drain pasta and place in the sauce pot. Add the shredded mozzarella and mix. Serve with some Parmesan shavings and fresh basil leave.
Keywords: Pasta, ziti, tomato sauce, tuna sauce, tuna pasta