Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary and this is my first post on this blog. I’m really excited and so happy to share with you my tasty recipes. I’m French, I come from Paris. Now, I live in Pennsylvania with my fiancé. Food is my passion, everything about it interested me. Since I’ve been in the US, I want to discover the American culture and the American food. I spend my time watching Food Network! I want to understand what American people likes.
For my first post, I want to share with you a very Frenchy recipe: a brioche. In France, breads and viennoiseries are very appreciated. We don’t eat brioche every day but we like it for the weekend, especially for Sunday’s breakfast. We like it with good French butter and jam.
Actually, this recipe is simple and you don’t need very special ingredients. But you have to be patient. To make a good bread, you have to wait for the dough to grow.
I hope you will like this recipe!
Ps : I’m French, my english is not perfect, forgive me for that 🙂
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 packet active dried yeast
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- To start, pour 1/4 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of almond milk in a sauce pan. Mix with a whisk at medium heat. Remove from heat when preparation is boiling. Cover and let it cool.
- In a small bowl. Poor 1/4 cup almond milk, warm a little bit in the microwave, it must bit warm. Add the packet of yeats. Stir and let it for 10 minutes.
- After it, in a big mixing bowl, add the flour, salt and sugar. Pour the milk mixture in the bowl, egg and the yeast.
- Start to knead for about 10 minutes. When the dough comes off, add the butte in cubs. Knead again for 10 minutes. Form a ball and place it in an other big bowl cover with olive oil. Recover with a kitchen towel and let it grow for 1h30.
- After this, the dough will have trebled in size. Take it and knead for 2 minutes. Cut it in three or four pieces. Put them in a rectangle mold cover with olive oil. Place in the (cold) oven. Let it for one to one and a half hour.
- Remove from the oven and turn on the oven at 380°F. Beat the egg yolk and brush with it the top of the dough. When the temperature is reached, place the brioche in the oven and let it cook for 45 minutes.
<a href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19836675/?claim=ep63srw75fx”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>