I love rigatoni! It’s weird but it’s my favorite pasta. Don’t ask me why. By the way, it’s very funny all the pasta shapes. I want to know all the name of them. I found this beautiful illustration. I knew the names of 15. Not bad! What is your score? 🙂
Anyway, let’s talk about this simple and delicious recipe. In France, we often prepare pasta with mushroom and spinach with cream or olive oil. Here a version with what I found at the supermarket. There is a lot of kale in America, raw or prepared in a dish. In France, it is not so much common. Actually, few years ago, I have seen the fency kale grow in the US and I tried to find it in France. It was very difficult. So I planted some in my grandfather’s garden and all his friends wanted it. It was funny.
Now, there is some kale at the supermarket in France but not everywhere. I was happy to see a lot of kale here in the US. So I changed the recipe with kale and not spinach.
An other funny thing. In France, button mushroom are called “Champignons de Paris” (Parisian mushroom). Because we have a lot of cellar bellow Paris. For years, we grows mushrooms.
I hope you will like this recipe! Let me a comment 🙂
- 10 oz button mushrooms
- 3 handful kale
- 1 shallot
- 8 oz rigatoni pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil (good quality)
- salt and pepper
- Start by cooking your pasta in boiling water (about 13 minutes but read the instructions on the packet).
- Slice the mushroom, the shallot and prepare the kale. Cut the branche and cut it in small pieces.
- In a big pan at medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the shallot, let it cook 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, sauté for 5 minutes, add the kale and sauté again for 10 minutes. You can add some water sometime.
- When the pasta are cooked, spin them and add them in the pan. Add 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
- It’s ready to cook! Simple, healthy and delicious.