I really love international food and discovering new recipes from everywhere. Chili con carne is a very famous dish, from almost any country more than Mexican. In France, every family loves a good chili. My mother used to make it when I was a kid. It was so delicious! Of course, she did it with meat. In fact, you can do exactly the same recipe with meat, I did it for my husband. I will explain you in the method.
Mexican food must be one of my favorite, tacos, enchiladas, yum! I don’t like burrito so much, I find it sooo big! I think this very familiarity with Mexican food at home is thank to Old El Passo. This brand looks to be famous all around the world! And their stuffs are convenient, you know, already ready spices, or kit, etc.
But today is an 100% homemade recipe! It’s very simple and you don’t need lots of ingredient. I always have some freeze vegetables on my freezer. I had, corn (so cool! I can’t find it in France, only in can) and green beans. Simple frozen veggies are affordable and it’s so convenient to have them.
I really hope you will like this recipe!
Have a nice day,
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cup frozen green beans
- 2 cans kidney bean ((15 oz) x 2)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes ((15 oz) x 2)
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- brown rice
- chili flakes
- In a big sauce pan, sauté the onion with chili powder and chili flakes in the oil. Add corn and green beans, stir. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the kidney bean and add them to the saucepan. Add also the diced tomatoes. Salt and peppe and stir. Cover and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- It's ready! Simple, healthy and delicious. Serve with brown rice, half avocado, some chili flakes and cilantro.
- Add the ground beef (1lb for four) juste after the chili powder. Sauté and cook the meat with the spices. Then, add all the ingredients just like I did. It will take 10 minutes more.