Hello friends! If you like eggplant and delicious simple pasta, this recipe is for you! Pasta alla norma is tomatoes and eggplant sauce with herbs, I used thym. This recipe is very simple to make as usual, healthy and very delicious. My meat eater husband love it.
Last summer, I went to Italy with my husband and it was great vacation, lots of delicious food and beautiful places. I love Italy, I think it’s one of my favorite country! The food there is so inspiring and always delicious.
I’m sure my Pasta alla Norma is maybe not the real Italian version but it’s still good. I used rigatoni pasta for this sauce. I really like this pasta form. For an extra plus, I added a spoon of ricotta on the top with parmigiana, so good.
I have a personal update! We have recovered our car yesterday! Finally! 15 days at the mechanist. I was very tired to do my food shopping in bus… Well, normally this time is over, I hope!
What is you favorite pasta recipe??
- 1 big eggplant
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 can tomatoe sauce ((15 oz))
- 2 shallots
- 5 sprig thyme
- rigatoni ((check the packet for quantity))
- 4 tbsp ricotta
- 1/2 cup parmigiana
- sal and pepper
- olive oil
- In a big sauce pan, pour 2 tbsp olive oil, choped the shallot and add it to sauce pan. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add the eggplant cut into cubes. Stir. Cut the tomatoes in small pieces and add them. Stir. Let it cook for ten minutes, do no hesitate to add some water.
- Add the tomato sauce and the thyme. Salt and pepper. Stir well, add some water if needeed and cover. Let it cook for 25 minutes at medium heat.
- Cook the rigatoni.
- When the sauce is tender and delicious, mix the pasta and sauce. Serve with 1 tbsp of ricotta and some parmigiana on the top and eventually some thyme.