Pearled cousous is something new for me, we don’t have it in France. I really like it! It’s very easy to cook and very quick to make. Today, with the heat outside, I just want fresh food and this salad is what I need.
Tomatoes and basil is the best combo! Its works with hot food like pasta, lasagna and it’s perfect in salad. I love this simple dish with Buffala and tomatoes with some leaves of basil on the top. Good Buffala is expensive, I think I found one at Wegmans but it’s a small luxury. For these mozzarella balls, I choose something affordable at Walmart. This store buy lots of stuffs not expensive! It’s great for regular food.
Actually, I love to go at the supermarket. And it’s exactly the same in France! I can go in three different stores for one dish. I know it’s crazy… Here, I have a routine for products at Wegmans (bread, good food, produces), Walmart (regular stuffs like pasta, rice, etc) and Trader Joe’s (for some European food). What is your favorite food store?
I hope you will like this recipe but it’s very very simple and so good, I’m sure you will 😊
- 1 cup pearled couscous ((dry))
- 2 small seedless cucumber
- 16 mozzarella balls
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Start by cooking the pearled couscous 10 minutes in boiling water.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, the cucumber in slices, the mozzarella balls in half and choppe the basil.
- Pour the olive oil and the balsamic vinager on the salad, salt and pepper. Mix and serve.