This crispy fish meal is the perfect weeknight dinner! Very simple to make, not a lot of ingredients and quite fast to make. It will please the whole family. The cherry tomatoes add a very nice taste to this simple recipe.
I’ve created this recipe for my husband. He loves crispy chicken and very simple meal with rice and few vegetables. I decided to change with simple white fish. It is also a very easy recipe with few ingredients. Like for my crispy sesame salmon, I often have frozen fish in the freezer and this time it was haddock. I choose to add some veggie with the tomatoes. Only fish with rice will be a little bit dried-up. If you want to make crispy food, try to add juicy vegetables, it will be better, like zucchinis or like her with tomatoes.
This recipe is also healthy. Crispy doesn’t mean frying! My husband and I practice a lot of sport at the moment. I do the food at home and so, I want to be healthy and I want he’s healthy.
We have the chance to go at the Penn State gym building. It’s a huge place with everything you need to practice sport: basketball, tennis, squash, badminton, soccer, indoor climbing, yoga, Pilates and all the fitness machines you dream of! I have to admit, this building made me want to get into sports intensively. With all that and the motivation atmosphere I really want to become a great runner. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, I sometimes share this part of my life on stories.
Why you will love this recipe:
– Easy to make
– Ready in 30 minutes
– Few ingredients
– Convenient ingredients
I choose to use the oven for two reasons: it’s healthier than fried of course but also less dangerous. During week night, it’s the end of the day, you’re tired and you want to eat because you are hungry. I don’t think to fry is very safe. You have to be careful because it’s very hot. In addition, to fry is not convenient, you have to take oil, a big frying pan, etc. With the oven, you just have to put your crispy fish on a baking sheet and go in some minutes. That’s all. After, you trash the parchment paper and that’s all. You don’t have to clean everything (because frying causes mess of things).
You will think “yeah, but when you fry it’s more crispy, no?”. It is, probably. But believe me, it’s also crispy in the oven and it’s so much healthier and convenient.
The roasted cherry tomatoes are also a good easy thing! You can add them with the fish, they will cook together. During this time, I cook the basmati rice and everything is ready in 30 minutes!
I’m sure the recipe will be a life changing! By the way, kids will love it very much!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! Now, I will jump in my car and go for a run! Have a beautiful Monday and week guys 😘Print
Very simple crispy white fish with roasted cherry tomatoes, ready in 30 minutes and few ingredients!
- 2 Haddock fillets (or other white fish, Haddock are less expensive but cod is delicious)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumb
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp chopped dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- a dozen cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup basmati rice
- 1 tbsp butter
- tzatziki as a sauce
- some fresh dill
- Pre-heat the oven at 400°F.
- Cut in half the cherry tomatoes and mix them with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper. And place in the oven.
- Mix the breadcrumb with chopped dill, garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Pour the mix in a plate. In a bowl, whisk the egg.
- Place the haddock fillets in the egg, turn for there is egg everywhere. Then, place the fillets in the breadcrumb plate, turn. You must have breadcrumb everywhere.
- Add the fillets to the baking sheet with with cherry tomatoes and let it cook for 20 to 30 minutes. At the 12 minutes, turn them with a kitchen clamp.
- During this times, cook your basmati rice, about 1/3 cup dry per person.
- When the basmati rice is cooked, drain it and place it in the saucepan you used to cook it. Add the butter and salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Crispy fish