Fresh food and always simple! Mint balls with few ingredients but a real success and homemade tabouli with healthy produces: tomatoes, parsley, and cucumber. The combo is great for a simple lunch during the weekend or the week and perfect for a barbecue with a beautiful sun.
It’s warm in Pennsylvania and I want some good food not too fat. Last weekend, I ate fat food… to much pizza and bad stuffs. It’s funny because at the moment, you’re hungry and happy in front this beautiful pizza, yum! Tomatoes sauce and all this cheese! Exactly what I need right now on Saturday night. But…. After some slices… I regret it. My husband always wants to buy the big version and it’s too big! We can’t eat the entire pizza and it’s bad leftovers. I think we have to stop it. I mean, yeah, we can eat some pizza but not every weekend and this quantity! It’s just too much.
Why I tell you that? Because healthy food is the best! And I grew up with good food! My mom prepared these delicious mint meat balls during the weekend, we made some homemade tabouli and it’s was a success! When it’s summer you love simple food and sometime I forgot that.
I love eating healthy but the tentation is so big in this country!! I love America but I receive so many mails from Papa John’s, Domino’s, etc… And at the supermarket all the food calls me! Beautiful ice cream, delicious spread stuff, new cakes or cookies I don’t know. Stop it Mary!
I run three times a week (sometime four times), it’s too bad to don’t follow a healthy diet. Sometime I forgot healthy food can be so good! And you know what? Bad food is very expensive. We’re not even halfway through the month and we’ve already spent a lot!
All that to say: I want to try to make lots of homemade food with good products! I love pizza, of course, who doesn’t? But I want to try to make my healthy version and a version I know what there are in it!
I’m sure you will love this new simple recipe. It’s a mama recipe (what is better?). You don’t need too much ingredients but it’s good! But don’t forget to don’t eat that much meat. It will be bad for you.
Happy homemade food! And have a nice weekend ❤️
Follow me on Instagram : @tastyandfrenchy
Other delicious recipe : Pearled couscous salad with basil
Mint meat balls
- 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 6 twigs mint ((I used a small package at Wegmans))
- 2 very small red onions
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup dry couscous
- 1 big tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Mint meat balls
- In a big bowl, mix with your hands the ground beef, chopped mint and parsley, salt and pepper. Try to have a homogeneous stuff.
- Form small balls with your hands and roll them on a plate with the flour.
- Take a big frying pan and pour the canola oil, turn on medium plus heat. Cook the balls on eahc side, use a kitchen clamp. When there are brown, it's ready!
- Boil some water. Pour the dry couscous in a bowl and cover it with boiling water. Cover and let it for 10 minutes. Then disperse the couscous with a fork and let it cool.
- Cut into cubes the tomatoes and the cucumber. Chopped the parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients. Salt and pepper as needed.