This peach moelleux is very simple. It’s a delicious moist cake very easy to make with this extraordinary seasonal fruit: peach. Almonds add some crunchy and that’s a delight.
Do you like peaches? I hope you do! I love peach and it’s still the season to eat them! They are not two much expensive, around 1,80$/lbs and they have a very delicious taste! You will find other peach recipes very soon on the blog.
Actually, I’m not a very “cake” person. I love chocolate, so I love brownies and everything with it but for the other things, I like them but I can live without it. Well, I think it’s not anymore the case! This cake is a pure delight! It’s a French recipe and now, I love it with a cup of tea.
I don’t really snack but I have pleasure when it’s tea time to eat a piece of cake with it when it’s the weekend. But you will really this recipe because it’s so simple! And once again, all these ingredients are easy to find. I mean, butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, I sure you already have them in your cupboards!
Moelleux cakes are a specialty in France, we also call them “quatre quarts” (pound cake). We make them with everything we have, it could be with chocolate, pear, apple (every kind of fruits) or just like that. Because peaches are delicious, I wanted to make a summer version and I added some almonds because they are also very good.
You can make this recipe, cut pieces and place them in a food container. You can keep it for three to four days. Perfect for a small sweet thing for this week! Let me know if you like this Peach moelleux! You can also try this other French cake: my chocolate marbré! And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! Best, MaryPrint
Delicious French cake with peaches and almond, few ingredients and easy to make!
- 2 peaches
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (or regular yogurt)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Some powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the oven at 350°F.
- In a big mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder and Greek yogurt, whisk a little bit and add the eggs.
- Melt the butter and add it to the bowl. Mix all the ingredients very well to have a homogeneous preparation.
- Rinse the peach and cut them in slices. Butter a square mold. Pour the preparation in the mold and place the peach slices on the top, add slivered almonds.
- Place in the oven for 50 minutes*. When it’s golden, it’s ready, remove from the oven, let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, you can add powdered sugar on the top for the decoration, I used a tea ball to distribute sugar nicely. Cut in 9 pieces and serve!
*If you have a convection oven, it could be faster, try 35 minutes and if it’s golden, it’s ready.