Delicious French cake with peaches and almond, few ingredients and easy to make!
- 2 peaches
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (or regular yogurt)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Some powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the oven at 350°F.
- In a big mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder and Greek yogurt, whisk a little bit and add the eggs.
- Melt the butter and add it to the bowl. Mix all the ingredients very well to have a homogeneous preparation.
- Rinse the peach and cut them in slices. Butter a square mold. Pour the preparation in the mold and place the peach slices on the top, add slivered almonds.
- Place in the oven for 50 minutes*. When it’s golden, it’s ready, remove from the oven, let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, you can add powdered sugar on the top for the decoration, I used a tea ball to distribute sugar nicely. Cut in 9 pieces and serve!
*If you have a convection oven, it could be faster, try 35 minutes and if it’s golden, it’s ready.