Delicious gratin for a vegetarian weeknight dinner.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 1/2 cup basil tomato sauce
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup homemade pesto (you can also buy it)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven at 400°F. Wash the zucchinis and cut them with a peeler in the length. If they are organic you can keep the skin.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the ricotta and the pesto with salt and pepper. Take a medium gratin dish and add half of the tomato sauce at the bottom.
- Take your zucchini pieces, add a tablespoon or teaspoon (depends on the pieces) of the ricotta/pesto mix and wrap the zucchini to have something close to cannelloni. Repeat. Place all the stuffed zucchini on the dish. Salt and pepper and pour the rest of the tomato sauce on top. Finish with the shredded mozzarella.
- Place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
Keywords: Gratin, vegetarian, dinner