This quinoa salad is perfect for the fall season! It’s warm and delicious with the spicy roasted chickpeas. You will love the sweetness of the cranberries.
Quinoa is one of the healthy famous things, we talk about quinoa for a long time now and its benefits are really nice: fibers, proteins, and gluten-free! I love it as a side or in a salad, it’s always delicious but I think, I prefer it with other things. If I eat it as a side, I like to add some herbs on it, nuts or dried fruits.
Today, I offer you a salad with different things with it. Thanksgiving arrives slowly and when I think about this celebration, I think cranberries! Dried cranberries are very delicious, I love this sour taste.
I also love chickpeas! I could eat them every day with hummus! You can make a lot of different recipes with chickpeas: falafel, hummus, bread with chickpea flour or just like that. I like this legume. I decided to roast them with some cumin powder, it adds an extra taste to this warm salad, I’m sure you will like it! You have to way to do it, n a frying pan or in the oven. I tried both and both work really well!
Fresh herbs are rich with vitamins, I like to add some to my meals. For this recipe, I used parsley. If you want, you can eat this salad alone (what I did) but also as a side with meat, fish or whatever you like. You can also add some greens.Print
Few ingredients and delicious warm quinoa salad, it’s vegan and super healthy.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp olive olive
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cook you quinoa, follow the instruction of the packet. In general, if you take 1 cup quinoa, you cook it in 2 cups of water.
- In a small bowl, mix the chickpeas (drain and rinse) with 1 tbsp olive oil and the cumin. Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper and place in the oven for 15 minutes at 400°F.
- When the quinoa and chickpeas are ready place them in a big salad bowl, add the parsley, the cranberries and pour 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix and serve.