- 1 medium butternut
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 bunch of coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream (optional)
- Remove the skin with a peeler, deseed and cut in big squares your butternut.
- Heat a big saucepan, add the olive oil and the onion when it starts the be translucid, add the garlic and the spices with the chili powder, ground cumin, and paprika. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the butternut pieces and sauté, mix with the spices, garlic, and onion. Then, cover with water and let it cook for 15-20 minutes, the butternut pieces have to be tender.
- Turn off the heat and add the cilantro (keep some for to add on the top of your soup), with a hand blender, blend the soup until it’s creamy and well blended.
- Serve in a bowl with if you want some sour cream on the top and some coriander. You can keep it in a jar for 2 days.