My favorite chocolat dessert, 6 ingredients and pure pleasure!
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, good quality preferably in bar and not chips*
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder**
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flour
- Pre-heat the oven at 400°F
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a “bain marie” or microwave. If you are using the microwave, do 30 second sessions by mixing each time. Mix to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- In another bowl, vigorously mix the sugar with the eggs. This should form a little foam and start to bleach, without it becoming white. Pour the chocolate into it and mix with a spatula. Add cocoa powder, flour and salt. Mix.
- Butter 4 small ramekins, add some cocoa powder to the sides. Tap out the excess cocoa powder. Pour the cake mixture into the ramekins and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.
- I usually remove form the mold them immediately because I don’t want to wait, but you can wait five minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream and red berries.
*The quality of your chocolate is essential for a this cake. Sometimes you have to pay a little more for good products.
**I use Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder