Delicious famous French dessert with three simple ingredients and just a tablespoon of sugar.
- 6 apples
- 1 pie crust
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Wash and peel all the apple. Cut three of them in big pieces. Place them in a saucepan with one tablespoon of water, cover and cook them for 15 minutes on medium heat. When the pieces are cooked and tender, mix in a food processor or with a hand blender to obtain a compote (apple puree).
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Cut the other three apples into slices.
- Place the pie crust in the pie pan. Prick with a fork and add the apple compote to the bottom. Then, add nicely and evenly the apple slices. Sprinkle top with a tablespoon of sugar.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.