This family dish is made with not expensive ingredients and easy to find. Everyone will like it for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 big potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 big carrots
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheese (Swiss cheese or mozzarella)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- Some parsley
- Peel and cut the carrots into small pieces, coarsely chop the onion and crush the garlic.
- Peel and rinse the potatoes, cut them into large pieces and place them in a pot of boiling water. When they are cooked, that is to say tender inside, drain them. Return the pieces to the pot, add the butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Crush with a mashed press or hand blender until it’s smooth.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Take a large skillet, pour in the oil and let heat. Add the garlic and onion. Sauté until the onion becomes slightly translucent. Then, add carrots and thyme and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes. Finally, add the meat and cook until cooked.
- Put the preparation with the meat and carrot in the bottom of a gratin dish and add the mashed potatoes on top. Add some shredded cheese on the top and place in the oven for 30 minutes. When the top is a little bit brown, it’s ready! You can serve it with salad and add some parsley on top.