Delicious banana bread with healthy and simple ingredients, perfect for breakfast or for the tea time.
- 1 1/4 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium ripe banana)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- Pre-heat the oven at 400°F.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl with a fork. Mix the wet ingredients with mashed banana, almond milk, egg, honey, vanilla extract and oil.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients with the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, salt and baking powder.
Mix the two mixtures together and add the chopped dried figs. Pour into a rectangular greased pan and place in the oven for 45 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before serving.
Keywords: Banana bread, healthy, recipe, figs, breakfast, snack