This plate is simple and delicious. Beetroots are still in season because we are still in winter. Lentils are ideal for respecting meatless Monday because they are rich in protein. For the extra fresh ingredient, I added a mint-whipped ricotta. You will like this plate for lunch.
Here we are on Monday! I hope your weekend was great. I admit that I don’t always like changing hours. This weekend we lost an hour and I’m still out of time this morning. However, I must admit that it is more pleasant that it is because we have sun later later! It has also been warmer. This winter was very different from last year in Pennsylvania. We had extremely cold temperatures with a lot of snow throughout the winter. This year, it was much milder. I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get a lot of snow, but that’s the way it is. Now I look forward to spring, which is my favorite season. It is beautiful when the grass is green, there are flowers everywhere and the weather is nice without heat wave.
Since we are not yet in a period where vegetables have come out of the ground (or planted elsewhere), I wanted to offer you beetroot with lentils. Beetroots were preserved in winter. I am also a fan of French lentils. I found them at Wegmans. They are green brown and are very good. I used to make them in salads when I was in France. To add a bit of freshness to this plate, I wanted to make fresh cheese and I thought of the ricotta that has a particular taste. I mixed it with mint and it was delicious. Since I don’t want to waste, I added some asparagus from my vinaigrette asparagus. Everything is as simple as always but good and especially very healthy! It’s perfect for meatless Monday.
I hope you enjoy this vegetarian recipe. Don’t hesitate to leave me a comment, I would read it with great pleasure but also to subscribe to my newsletter or follow me on Instagram. I wish you all a wonderful week!Print
- 2 beetroots
- 1 cup French lentils
- 1/2 lb asparagus
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and slice the beetroots, mix in a bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes at 400°F.
- Cook the lentils in 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 to 25 minutes. Cook asparagus in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Chop the mint and mix with the ricotta, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the plate with the lentils, beets, some asparagus and a good tablespoon of mint ricotta. Pour a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salt pepper.
Keywords: beetroots, asparagus, ricotta, mint, lentils, French lentils