This ziti recipe with tomato and tuna sauce requires very little ingredient. It can only be a success because you don’t have to be a great cook to succeed. This pasta dish will allow you to eat canned tuna in a different way.
I think that with this complicated period, we need comforting dishes! And what better than good pasta dishes? There are a thousand versions of pasta recipes. You can put fresh vegetables, cheese, tomato sauce, meat-based sauce or anything you want. This recipe is a mix of tomato sauce and tuna. You need just a few ingredients for a particularly good result. I was inspired by the Catalan tuna, I love for this recipe. I will have to share this divine tomato tuna with you. Here, it is a simpler sauce. The basil also has a very important role. It gives this flavor of summer herbs that I love.
Speaking of basil, I would love to grow it on my balcony! What better way than the basil we grow is even. It has so much more taste. This herb is also a pleasure for the nostrils. I’m thinking of sharing a plate of pasta with butter and basil, there’s nothing better even if it’s ultra simple. It makes me want to taste summer tomatoes with burrata and basil. But we’ll have to wait a bit for that.
Because I don’t see a pasta dish without cheese, I decided to add parmesan shavings. But that’s not all. While mixing the sauce with the ziti, I added some finely shredded mozzarella. That way, it melted with the sauce, a delight.
If you like pasta and basil, you need to test my spaghetti recipe with zucchini, cherry tomatoes and homemade pesto. It’s delicious! To not miss any recipe, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Instagram! Have a nice day.Print
- 8 to 10 oz dry ziti
- 1 5oz can solid Albacore tuna
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely shredded mozzarella
- Parmesan shavings
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Start by boiling water in a large saucepan, add salt. Cook the ziti according to the time indicated on the package. Don’t forget to reserve some pasta water.
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic. Heat a large saucepan, pour the olive oil and add anion and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes. Then, add the diced tomatoes and let it cooked for 5 minutes by mixing. Finely, add tuna in pieces, chopped basil, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, add 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Drain pasta and place in the sauce pot. Add the shredded mozzarella and mix. Serve with some Parmesan shavings and fresh basil leave.
Keywords: Pasta, ziti, tomato sauce, tuna sauce, tuna pasta