These roasted carrots with coriander sauce are really simple and delicious ! I like them as a side. All these colors are pretty and bring a little something extra to your table. However, the recipe works just as well with traditional orange carrots.
I love so much purple, yellow and white carrots! Obviously, I like orange carrots as much in terms of taste because it’s almost the same thing but I have always found that all these colors are too pretty! I think I’ve been making this recipe for over 5 years now. You can do it during the fall but it’s so much better when there are new carrots, they are fresh and taste so good! I really like being able to get my ingredients directly from the garden. I’ll be honest and these carrots don’t come from my garden but from a small local producer. I admit that I am not very involved in the garden. I hope to become more in the future if I have my own house and garden.
For this recipe, the ingredients are very simple but I cannot repeat it enough, we can make the best recipes with common ingredients.
What do you need for this recipe?
– Carrots: you can use classic orange carrots but also have fun like me with multicolored carrots. I take the time to clean them well by rubbing them because I prefer to keep the skin, this gives crunchy to the recipe. This is why it’s also better to choose organic carrots.
– Sour cream / crème fraîche: I know it’s not easy to find crème fraîche in the US and if you can find it, it will be expensive. For having tested this recipe with sour cream, I can tell you that it also works very well. So it’s up to you to choose your preferred option.
– Coriander: I’ve always used fresh for this recipe, so I can’t tell you if it works with dried cilantro. However, if you don’t have one, you can make your sauce with parsley instead.
– Pomegranate: It’s my little extra in this recipe, it brings a delicious sweet taste
- 10 carrots
- 1/2 cup sour cream or crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF.
- Start by washing the carrots well and rub them with a brush without removing the skin. With a kitchen brush, brush the carrots with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Place in the oven 30 to 40 minutes.
- During this time, place de sour cream, the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in food processor, mix until it’s well mixed.
- When the carrots are cooked, place in a serving dish, pour some sauce on them, salt, pepper and add some pomegranate seeds. Serve with the rest of the sauce.
Keywords: Carrot, side, coriander