This shakshuka is simple, pretty and delicious. It’s one of my favorite healthy lunch during summer. You don’t need complicated ingredients, as usual the recipes are always simple with me!
I love shakshuka! I find this to be the ideal recipe when I don’t have a lot of time and my fridge is quite empty. I still find two or three ingredients that could go in the recipes. But my favorite version by far is this one with fresh tomatoes, red peppers, fresh eggs that come from my neighbors’ hens, feta cheese and of course avocado on top.
I had already made a recipe of Shakshuka for you on the blog which is quite similar but I don’t really like the photo anymore, so it was also an opportunity to do something prettier. Honestly, nothing better than a few slices of avocado to make absolutely everything beautiful. Add a slice of wholemeal bread to go with this dish and you will have everything you need! I think that would also make a perfect brunch. What in. do you think?
Hope you like this recipe! You can follow me on Instagram if you don’t want to miss a post. Have a lovely day, Mary.
This shakshuka made with red bell peppers, tomatoes and fresh eggs is perfect for breakfast or as a quick lunch.
- 4 tomatoes (I use medium sized grape tomatoes)
- 2 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Peel the grape tomatoes and cut them into pieces. Chop the onion. Cut the pepper into strips. Chop the cilantro. Cut in half the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Pour in the olive oil and add the onion. Sauté for 3 minutes until the pieces become transparent. Add the pieces of tomatoes and bell peppers. Sauté for 2 minutes and cover. Leave to cook for ten minutes. If the tomatoes don’t juice enough, do not hesitate to add a little water so that it doesn’t burn.
- Then add the cherry tomatoes and sauté, mix with the other ingredients. Salt and pepper.
- Finally, add the eggs one by one to the preparation. Cover. Let it cook for 5 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked. Remove from the heat, add some chopped cilantro, salt and pepper the eggs and crumbled a little feta on top. Serve with avocado slices on top.
Keywords: Shakshuka, eggs, tomato, avocado, brunch, breakfast