This shakshuka made with red bell peppers, tomatoes and fresh eggs is perfect for breakfast or as a quick lunch.
- 4 tomatoes (I use medium sized grape tomatoes)
- 2 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Peel the grape tomatoes and cut them into pieces. Chop the onion. Cut the pepper into strips. Chop the cilantro. Cut in half the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Pour in the olive oil and add the onion. Sauté for 3 minutes until the pieces become transparent. Add the pieces of tomatoes and bell peppers. Sauté for 2 minutes and cover. Leave to cook for ten minutes. If the tomatoes don’t juice enough, do not hesitate to add a little water so that it doesn’t burn.
- Then add the cherry tomatoes and sauté, mix with the other ingredients. Salt and pepper.
- Finally, add the eggs one by one to the preparation. Cover. Let it cook for 5 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked. Remove from the heat, add some chopped cilantro, salt and pepper the eggs and crumbled a little feta on top. Serve with avocado slices on top.
Keywords: Shakshuka, eggs, tomato, avocado, brunch, breakfast